AC3E ofrece Posición Postdoctoral en Energía
The Advanced Center of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, AC3E, is looking to hire highly qualified individuals as postdoctoral researchers with extensive experience in the following line of research: Renewable Energy and Power Conversion.
The Advanced Center for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (AC3E) was created on 2014 to group individual research efforts into multi- and inter-disciplinary teams and re-focus research towards industry related problems to spark innovation. The center is hosted by Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria, in Valparaiso, Chile, one of the top engineering universities of Chile (listed among the top 300 universities according to Times Higher Education Ranking 2014-2015).
The mission of AC3E is to contribute to the advancement of knowledge, technological development and competitiveness in technology-based economies by achieving excellence in research, forming advanced human resources, and fostering innovation and technology transfer in areas of societal and industrial impact through the field of electrical and electronics engineering. Additional information about the center can be found at www.ac3e.cl and the university can be found at www.usm.cl
We are looking for a candidate for a funded 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowship to participate in projects involving different areas related to electromobility such as power electronics, drives, storage elements, control and communications.
The successful candidate should be interested in the development of electric transportation, and desirable industrial experience in any of the previous topics.
Line of Research: Renewable Energy and Power Conversion
Energy Conversion and Power Systems
- Renewable energy conversion systems (photovoltaic and wind).
- Smart grid, micro-grid and power system technology and control
- Energy storage systems (lithium, supercap, flywheel)
- Power system modelling, simulation and dynamic analysis
- Operation, planning, optimization and reliability in Power Systems
- Principal Investigators:
Dr. Samir Kouro
Dr. Marcelo Perez
- Associate Researchers:
Dr. - Ing. Jose Rodriguez
Ph. D. Roberto Cardenas
Dr. Ana Llor
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. List of academic productivity (publications, books, patents)
3. Cover letter stating your interests and why you want to become part of AC3E. Please indicate
your preferred research line.
4. Documentation accrediting the possession of a PhD or Doctoral degree.
5. Letter of reference or a list of 3 referees that might be contacted
*All documents should be provided in English and as one PDF file.
- •The duration of the Postdoctoral fellow will be up to 3 years
•The salary is competitive and depends on the experience and productivity record of the applicant. Applicants are expected to live and work in Chile.
• Please use the email subject: POSTDOC POSITION "Energy" - AC3E
• The deadline to submit applications is Agust 25th, 2017.
• Results will be informed on September 1th, 2017.
• Postdoctoral activities should begin as soon as possible after notification of acceptance.